Thursday, May 17, 2012

5K Training

May 17th 2012


I finally pulled these babies out of the basket and started using them.

Collin and I made a goal to exercise this year... and then 3 months passed with no improvement.

So, when some of my friends did a 15K and did well... I started thinking maybe it's time to try something new and see how it goes??

Now don't get me wrong, I had no visions of grandeur here.
I have never been a runner... 
I'll admit that I lied on my mile every time during high school.
I should have been the one running with the 'big kid' that takes 10 minutes longer than everyone else.
But, alas, I didn't. Thus, the confession above.

Anywho.

8 weeks ago I started training with a specific goal in mind.
3.13 miles in 30 minutes.
(my friends tell me that's about average and a good time)

I am getting closer to that goal everyday.. and next saturday is the the 5K!

I am loving having a goal to look forward to!
It is motivating, it is exciting, it will be fun to be able to do it, and then move up to a 10K.

All in all, I'm really enjoying training for this.
I'm hoping with some more time I'll see the changes in my body that I want, 
but for now I just feel better.. and that's a great start!


P.S. Today I did 3 miles in 31 minutes and 6 seconds.
So you see.. I really am getting close to being able to achieve my goal.
Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you, Joy! That's awesome. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome!! you got this! :)
    we are going up to the track on monday.......6:30pm, you should come!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great, Joy! I used to LOVE running. If it weren't for my blasted old-lady knees, I would be out there with ya! Once you get going, time really does fly while you're doing it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete