Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Easy Wedding Present

Collin and I are going to a wedding reception on the 19th of this month.
I am really excited to go, because we haven't been to one in quite some time. 

So, I was also excited about creating a unique but useful gift for the couple.
This is what I came up with.


I found this adorable Crate and Barrel platter online.
And because I wanted one too... I bought two.
It is part of the Rectangular Rims Collection at Crate and Barrel.


Then I found this adorable ornament idea here.
And created one similar to it.

I simply cut their wedding invitation into strips,
then wrapped those strips around a pencil,
and finally stuck those strips into the clear glass ornament.
Attach some cute ribbon, and you're done!

All in all, a cute, yet functional wedding present.

And because I was so proud of my present... I simply couldn't wrap it all up in a box... 
attach some extra wide sparkly ribbon and the present becomes it's own wrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment