Friday, February 3, 2012

Art Garden...

February 3 2012
Pottery!

Brittany, Meghan and I went to the new pottery place in town.
They were having a 'girl's night out' with discounts and food, etc.
We decided it would be a great way to do a night out and something crafty.

It was sooo much fun!
We just painted and talked and drank pop and talked some more.
We all just enjoyed being away from the little 'uns and having some girl time.
{I've decided girl time is very vital to my life... I need more of it!}

Meghan and I painted a heart shape dish, and Brittany did a star bowl.


There were so many people there in the beginning... that we had a little bit of a difficult time at first figuring out exactly what we were supposed to do... but asking questions to people around us... and getting the owner's help... and we were on our way!


Here is the 'before' shot... there is a little paint on each of our hearts... but none of the real detailing was done yet.... {I should have gotten a picture of Brittany's too... darn it!}


And here they are! They are finished in the sense that we have painted them to our hearts content... and now the shop does it's magic and will glaze and finish them up!

{For your information... Meghan's is going to be red with a white flower... Brittany's is a dark gray with pops of a darkish-yellow... and mine is a light grey with red}


I will post pictures of what they look like when we pick them up.


All in all, a great experience. If any of you have a pottery place in town... go check it out! What a great way to socialize and craft and just enjoy time being creative. I'm thinking I want to sign up for an actual class that will teach me some molding and creating pottery pieces. 
How fun would that be!!??!!



No comments:

Post a Comment