Sunday, February 12, 2012

Chicco to Scenera.... What????

February 11th, 2012

The time finally came that we needed to move Eithan into a bigger car seat.
So, I did the only logical thing a girl can do. 

I paid for a Consumer Reports membership for a month. 

I thought that this would make buying a larger car seat much easier.
{ha ha ha ha}

I saw which one was #1 rated... and thought 'That's a reasonable price."
But then I couldn't find it/buy it anywhere {at least not in a masculine color}.
So, I looked at the #2 rated one... it was a little bit more than I wanted to spend.
Thus, we ended up going with the #3 rated one which is the Cosco Scenera.

I thought... all is well in the world again.
So... happy go-lucky me said... "Let's take pictures of changing car seats Collin... so wait for me!"


Leaving the wonderful Chicco Car Seat Base Behind.


Leaving the lovely Chicco Car Seat behind... We have many fond memories of this thing.
{like having bruises all over my shins because I kept hitting them with it, realizing that hauling a baby and a car seat when they weigh 25 pounds is impossible, Eithan being sooo tiny that he just barely fit into it... and many other memories.}


These words have brought me such comfort over the 15 months that we've been using it.


And then we came to this.



I took this right after we put it in... and we promptly had to take it out because we couldn't actually buckle Eithan into the car seat.... after fighting with it. Disassembling it. Putting it back together. Disassembling it again. Putting it back together again. Realizing we didn't have to do all of that if we had just paid attention to how the straps actually work.. {which we wouldn't have known unless we took the whole doggone thing apart}... we arrived at this.



{He didn't want to wear his shoes.}

I know some of you may be thinking "Why isn't it forward facing?"
We'll get there... he is still so short.. I'm sure he's not 3 feet tall, and the instructions say not to turn him around until he is 3 feet tall... so we're still facing backwards people!

So... all I have to say is this... Why doesn't Chicco make a toddler seat? I want them to badly. If they did... we wouldn't have had to go through all that... and I would be a much happier mama.

No. Consumer Reports did not fail me. All of the reviews said that they were 'not easy to install or use"... I should have known what I was getting myself into.

{sigh}
{I miss you Chicco... already.}

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to read this post as we will be graduating Sophie up to a larger seat soon (and not because she can't fit in the old one, but because I think she might do better if she's sitting up more). Also, I heard the recommendations changed and it's now rear-facing until 2. I don't know if it's a law or what. Just thought you'd might like to know.

    ReplyDelete