Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The New Place {part one}

March 28th 2012

I'm sorry this has taken me so long to post.
Collin has asked me a couple times when I was going to blog about the new place.
I must admit, I was kinda surprised that he asked.

So, today I finally went around in a couple of the rooms and really straightened things up.
All of the boxes that were still in rooms that hadn't been opened... went into the garage.
It was quite liberating to be able to put this 'stuff' somewhere.
Once I actually go back and look at the garage... maybe I won't feel so liberated. {smile}

This intro is a way of saying, my house does not normally look like this.
But I want you all to imagine us in a nice, clean home with everything just as it should be.

Oh, by the way... I think everything is more romantic and lovely to look at in Instagram.
So, all the pictures have been Instagramed. It's more fun that way!



We have a ridiculously long driveway.
It could comfortably hold 3 cars.

*Interesting Fact: Our place has only 2 windows and 1 sliding glass door. 
Besides these there are no other sources of outdoor light.


A close up of our unit {we're on the end} and the front door.

Yes, there really are wires and boxes and miscellaneous things spilling out all over the entryway.
Whoever designed this... was not thinking at all.
It's not pretty, and it's hazardous for children.


When you open the front door.. this is what you see.

{I didn't have time to tidy the living/dining area... so you won't see that today}

*Interesting Fact: We have no coat/linen closets in the townhouse.


Up the stairs and to the left there is the laundry room.
It has been so nice to have a room instead of a closet.
 I didn't realize it made such a difference, but it really does when you have piles of laundry to do. 


I tried to get a picture so you could see how long the room is, hopefully this gives a general idea. 


Right next to the laundry room is the main bath.
There is no tub... which we thought was going to be difficult. 
...........
Until we figured out a solution.
...........


Eithan loves his new bath tub... 
In fact he will start pulling it towards the bathroom all by himself now.
It is simply precious when he does it!



Our master bedroom. 
The window you see when looking at the front of the townhouse... that's our window.
The room is very spacious, and I'm trying really hard to keep it clean and simple in here.
We had so much clutter in the old place.
It's nice to have it all out of our room and in the garage.

*Interesting Fact: We love having a garage!

{I did a close up of our nightstand because I keep telling you all that I'll show you the furniture that I refinished... and then I've never shown you. I redid the long dresser and 2 nightstands. It only took me about 6 months... but it was totally worth it. They are simply gorgeous now.}

*******


That is almost all of the top floor. I didn't have a chance to tackle Eithan's Room/Collin's Office. 
When two people are sharing a room... it can be a lot to tidy up.

I will do another post on the rest of the house later.

We are loving being on the other side of town, who knew it would make such a difference?
And we are loving our new ward.
All in all, it was a productive, good move for our little family.
And we're glad we did it!

1 comment:

  1. Are you in the townhomes close to the stake center? We looked into those too. Ha ha! What ward are you in now? Moving is always a pain, but you look like you're doing well. I'm STILL unpacking, sort of. Pretty much 99% of our stuff is out of boxes; it's just a matter of getting organized now. Good luck with all that. I wish I was there to help!

    ReplyDelete