Saturday, October 15, 2011

falling

10-13-2011
It finally happened. 
I had the fall of all falls over the baby gate blocking the kitchen.
{Collin said he knew it was coming someday... I just wish it hadn't been me.}

I can't even describe it adequately.
My foot caught on the gate.
My inner thigh hit the outside of the gate.
I knew I was going to go down.
And down I went.

It was so painful.
I cried like a baby.
The pain, the shock, the fall itself.
Collin carried me to the couch right after.
{I know he's a sweetie.}

I was limping all night. The next day. Today.
But I didn't really know how badly I hurt myself until I saw this.


On top of this injured foot. 
I have a lump on my shin.
I have a bruise on my knee.
And a bruise on my inner thigh.

I must say:
lesson learned. 
I will be lifting my leg ALL the way over before stepping to the other side. 

Close Up:
{forgive my unkempt toenails... haven't had a pedicure in a while.}


3 comments:

  1. Baby gates are hazardous, I guess. You poor thing. Looks like you might have broken it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooouch! I feel ya there chicka. Usually it's only a mistake you make once. LOVE YA!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ouch! That does not look fun! You asked on our blog what happened to his 1st Birthday. I'm assuming you were asking where it was in the blog. It was the 1st post in August! Check it out!!

    ReplyDelete