Thursday, October 13, 2011

growing up

10-10-2011
Today was a big day for our little guy.
He had lots of firsts today.

#1 He pushed his little toy "bumblebee car type thing" around on all of its wheels.
{like all little boys do with their cars}
It was so fun at first... and then I realized... my little guy is growing up.
 He has been having lots of fun since pushing around that car.
He looks like a little boy now.. instead of my little baby.

#2 He walked around pushing a cardboard box.
He was holding on to the box... and then he started walking around while pushing it.
I thought... why spend money on those fancy walking toys... when he can push around a box!
{same concept... but much much cheaper.}

#3 He started singing with us while we were singing for FHE.
He started humming/cooing/singing along after a few seconds of the song.
We didn't notice it at first because it kind of sounded like his normal jabbering.
Then we noticed he would go up and down with us when we went up and down in our notes.
Plus he was looking at us for his 'cue' when to start and stop.
It was so adorable.

#4 He has started putting little objects into toys that are bigger.
So, a plastic cup that he carries around... he has started to put his little toys inside of it.
He'll put it in, and then take it out. Put it in. Take it out. {repeat}
He may have been doing this for a while now... but I just noticed it on Monday.

All in all... He's growing up... into a sweet little boy.


{ I love the look of pure delight on his face. }

**********

Joyously Crafty Delights:
I found {this} kitchen towel on Etsy.



I was in love... but at $10 a towel. I simply could not afford it.
So... I decided to make it.
Here is what I came up with. 


{In the towel above you can see that the ends are "ragging" which is part of what I loved about it.}

I thought that it would be a relatively simple process.
But I had to make it difficult.
It took me about 4 days to make 5 towels.
{obviously with lots of breaks in between}
But I think they turned out wonderful!
And I love having some simple, homemade kitchen towels to add a little "home-y-ness" to the kitchen.
Plus.. these cost around $3.50 a towel... and my time.
I call that a great deal!

2 comments:

  1. He is so adorable!! I can't get over his big "Joy" grin, just like his momma's! And I LOVE the towels. Saw this on the Pinterest world, and I'm thinking about making them. They're super cute. Love ya Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the towels! so cute! totally worth the hard work.

    and how can eithan be growing up so fast? isn't mobile fun? i love it. my boys were playing in a big cardboard box today, and i thought the same thing, "why do i buy toys?!?!?" love it.

    ReplyDelete