Tuesday, April 10, 2012

|| Books || March

April 10th 2012

I had so many books to read this last month!
It was crazy!
In the end, I was only able to get 4 done.
All were wonderful... and 3 were re-reads.
As you will see. 

The Great and the Terrible Vol. 3
The Second Sun
by Chris Stewart

Great. Suspenseful. Sad. Hard to put down. 
Couldn't believe I was only on the 3rd book in a 6 book series. I love these characters. I feel for them. I want to know what happens to them, and I am currently reading book 4. 
If any of you have still not read into this series, please do. It's amazing!

The Hunger Games Trilogy
by Suzanne Collins



I really was only going to re-read The Hunger Games because it was the book we were reading for our book club this last month... but once I got going, there was no putting them down! I have to admit that I appreciated them much more this second time around. I was able to enjoy the story more. I still am not a huge fan of how it all ended, but she definitely gets her point across as far as big government and where we could head if things get even more out of control than they are now. 

For those of you who may see these as barbaric, they are in a way, and they are meant to be that way. We as human beings can be cruel, and that is what she was trying to get across. The Colosseum was created for a reason... let's try not to forget that.

Children's Books

Art 
by Patrick McDonnell

The play on words in this book is simply precious! 
I love the pictures, I love the story, and I love little Art himself. 
I want to add this book to our library.
It's at the library... go borrow it... it is so dang cute.. it might even get your creative juices flowing!
{Erin... seriously... if you haven't read this book... you must. You'll love it!}

ish
by Peter H. Reynolds

A feel good book about being ok with the work you do.
I love the simplicity of the pictures. 
I appreciate the little sister who perseveres even when Ramon doesn't.
All in all, another great children's book.

Dogfish
by Gillian Shields

I simply adore the illustrations in this book. 
The little boy's head is sooo round, and the fish is so expressive.
Together, they create a fun pair who discover that wanting what you have isn't too bad after all.

The Dot
by Peter H. Reynolds

This is the same author as ish from up above.
It's another feel-good book about doing your best creating what you can create.
This little girl creates dots all over, and discovers that she enjoys it and that others can too!
Love the illustrations, love the story. 
I need to read more by this author.


There we go!
I really hope that posting some children's books is helping some of you.
Sometimes it's difficult to know what to read.. and then once you go to the library all you get is dumb stuff... ya know? So... I hope this inspires some of you to get back to the library and try again!

No comments:

Post a Comment