Sunday, May 22, 2011

Collin's Birthday

May 20th was Collin's 29th Birthday!

We weren't able to do anything too big on his special day...
but he did get French Toast and Eggs for breakfast
and little sticky notes all around the house saying "Happy Birthday"

It was the next day that we did his celebration.

And in honor of his special day,
we went to the fanciest restaurant in town...

Michael's On The Lake

Collin had a delicious salmon filet and I enjoyed a crab cake sandwich.
{both were excellent}

We did not enjoy this wonderful dinner by our little "lonesomes"...
The Schmidts and Mike Asay came with us!

{Left to Right: Mike Asay, Collin Winks, Joy Winks, Brittany Schmidt, and Tim Schmidt}



I must note here that our little one is not with us, he was babysat for the FIRST time.
{well babysat for the 1st time by a non- family member}
The wonderful Jones family watched Eithan and the Schmidt's little girls Macy and Sydney.

******

After this fine cuisine, we retired to the Schmidt's home for some chocolate cake.

Brittany and I made this cake from scratch.
Impressive, I know.
Unfortunately I didn't feel up to making the icing... so Collin did it.
What a good hubby.

{Yes, there are exactly 29 candles on that cake.}

Tim lighting all 29 candles...
during which one lighter died and we had to get another one {smile}


All those candles lit and Collin excited about it,
but Eithan, I think, looks a little terrified.


This is the "blowing" picture, but I missed Collin actually blowing.
He did blow them all out with one big 'gust' of air.
We were all amazed. Collin was amazed with himself.
He thought 29 candles would pose more of a challenge.

After all this... we played some games and enjoyed ourselves immensely.

Happy Birthday My Love!
I am so glad that you are a part of my life
and that we get to share sweet memories like these together.


-- Slap him with your Pickle --
{P.S. I must put in this post the funniest quote of the evening... which was
"Slap him with your pickle" - this was said to me by Tim Schmidt when Mike and Collin decided not to move off the bench when I said I needed to use the restroom. We all laughed so hard at the thought of me using my "spear" of a pickle to slap the boys so that they would move. giggle. good times.}

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Collin! Looks like a fab-tastic birthday. I hoped you signed up for the bday club at Michael's...you get a free meal. I love Michael's. Yum. I'm sad we missed the pickle-slapping fun. Miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! We still haven't ever left Brody with a babysitter other than my parents. We need to get on that soon! Looks like a fun night, and that cake looks delish! Happy birthday brotha!

    ReplyDelete