Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Vacation - Part 2

Hello Everybody!

I apologize for not posting sooner than this, but life gets crazy as you all know... plus I've been working on some apartment improvement projects... who knew refinishing furniture would be so time consuming?? Anywho... here are some pictures of the rest of our vacation.. it was a blast, but I'm glad we're home. (I know you all know what I mean.)

{1} Ikea!!!



You guys gotta love my "drive by" photos. I forgot to take any while we were actually IN the store (duh!)... but I got the outside of the store on our way back to our hotel later.

This was my FIRST time to Ikea. One Word: WONDERFUL!
We spent 4 hours there... and then came back the next day for another 2 hours. Oh.. if only I had more money! I could seriously have spent way more than I did. It's a good thing I had a budget!

{2} Temple Square

Isn't this view of the temple amazing?
We were in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building on the 10th Floor.
I couldn't believe how breathtaking a view it was from up there.

I had to throw this one in there because of Eithan's face.
He is a man of many, many faces... and he happened to do one right at this moment.

Here we all are with my mom (Jan).
{Of course, Eithan wasn't looking at the camera.. silly boy.}

Finally, Eithan and myself in front of one of the original entrances to the Salt Lake Temple.
I always forget how big these doors are, and they are so cool too!
It is simply amazing what all those people did with their hands back in the day.

{3} Frontsight- 2 Day Defensive Hand Gun Course


Collin and my dad (John-looking @ us) practicing gun safety.

Some people might think that the fact that I went to this gun safety/defensive hand gun course is weird.

Let me tell you... it's not.

This is probably one of the most beneficial courses I have ever taken in my life.
I now handle a gun much more comfortably.
I feel comfortable having guns around me.{if they are being handled correctly}
And I know (to some extent) how to protect myself with a gun.

{I didn't have any pictures of me shooting... so here's a video.}



I am glad that my dad made me go. And I'm glad that I went.
{To all those who may be concerned by this point...
No Eithan was not there with us....
He'll get to go when he's older... :) }

All in all, the vacation was great. We had a good time... we're glad to be home... and we hope you all enjoy seeing what we did while we were gone.

Winks

4 comments:

  1. Very fun vacation, I bet it good to be back! Eithan is always making such cute faces!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IKEA. I literally could spend all my money there. :D Especially the kitchens. Ahhhhh..........Did you have lunch there? Next time you go you have to try the meatballs. They're fabulous, and I hope you tried the Lingon berry juice. Yum! I love the pictures of you guys with the Salt Lake Temple. That place never fails to amaze me. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! Love the temple pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you got to go to IKEA. We also stopped at the one in Draper while in Utah. I overdid it a bit, but it could have been much worse. I love that store.

    And I think it's awesome you took a gun safely course. We're looking into having me take one. I don't plan on shooting guns a lot, but it's always good to know how to use one safely.

    Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete