Saturday, May 28, 2011

Snickerdoodle Scrumptiousness

These cookies were so delightful...
that we ate them within a day.

We did give some away, and take some to a party...
but for the most part we ate them.

Here is the recipe.
I found it on this blog.

Enjoy!

Snickerdoodles

1-cup butter, softened

1 ½ cups sugar

2 eggs

2 ¾ - 3 cups flour

2 teaspoons cream of tartar

1-teaspoon baking soda

½ teaspoon salt

3 Tablespoons sugar + 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon for coating

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. In a bowl cream together butter, sugar, and eggs.

3. Add flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Mix until cohesive dough is formed.

4.Portion into 1 ½ inch balls (these are small) then roll in cinnamon/sugar mixture.

5. Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes.

6. Transfer to wire rack to cool.



1 comment:

  1. Yum. I will have to try this recipe. I understand making sweets. Whenever I do, they just disappear. I have to have a plan in place for who I'm giving them away to or else I don't make them.

    By the way, for some reason I haven't been able to comment on your blog lately. I've been reading, so keep posting!!
    -Kylene

    ReplyDelete