Wednesday, July 6, 2011

"...if I only had a brain." on the 4th of July

July 4th 2011
Collin came and saw us for a brief period over the weekend.
Then he went straight back to camp.
{Do you think I took pictures???... nope, I forgot}

On the Fourth, my father was invited to a barbecue down the street.

So we ALL {dad, eithan and myself} went.


It was a Mexican themed barbecue... which included a cow's head as the main course.

I tried a part of the head, just some meat off the cheek.
It was actually pretty good.
If you didn't think about where it came from.

Then I went back to look at the head while they were taking it all apart.
It sounds gross, but it was quite interesting.
As I was watching, the chef started to get out the brain.
I asked him if this was indeed the brain.
He replied with an affirmative.

It is at this point that he took part of the brain, cut off a part,
and told me that it was delicious and that I needed to try it.
I, of course, said no.
He insisted a few more times.
So......

I tried the cow's brain.


It had the texture of Tofu, and was followed with a nasty aftertaste.
Decision: Cow's brain is disgusting!

But at least now I've tried it! {smile}

In addition to cow's brain, I tried some goat's intestine in a soup.
Chewy, and, again, not something that I would eat again.

All in all, an interesting Fourth of July.

And we missed all the fireworks, because Eithan was sleeping.
{...and because we were tired}
Go figure??


We sure hope you all had a wonderful Fourth of July.
We are all very grateful for this nation and for the freedoms that we have.


1 comment:

  1. ewwwwwww....Tyler says that cow tongue is yummy though. BUT you won't get me to try it. :P Looks like you had fun. We don't have fireworks up here. Because it doesn't get dark enough, so we have fireworks for Halloween instead. Makes the day seem like a regular day though. I'm looking forward to having a normal 4th of July in a couple years.

    ReplyDelete