Thursday, August 4, 2011

Riding a Horse... for real!

August 4th, 2011
When I did my post about visiting daddy at camp,
I told you all about Eithan riding a horse.
{This happened on July 19th 2011}

I finally have pictures of it!

It is too cute.

{1}
I have just set him up on the horse.
And he's already going after that horn.

{2}
Looking like a riding pro.
(I love that he looks like he's riding all by himself.)

{3}
It was a short ride.. just to the end of the corral you see on the right.
{I think this one is a cute "mommy 'n me" photo.}

{4}
How cute is this one?
He was smiling like crazy the whole time he was riding.
He even giggled/laughed a few times.

I think this picture about sums up how he felt about the whole thing.

{5}
So.... sweet.... and adorable.

{6}

Near the end of the ride he started eating the horn of the saddle.
I tried to get him to stop, which he kinda did,
but I think he gave it a final lick even after I pulled him off it.
Boys...

{7}
He started to slide around a little near the end.
So I am trying to keep him in the saddle at this point.
He started to lay down on his tummy and just hold on the horn from that position.

*******
The lovely lady in red is the one who was leading us along.
Her name is Ms. Renee, and she was the person at camp taking care of the horses.
It was her idea to have him go for a ride,
and I'm sure glad she had it... because he {and I} had so much fun doing it!

*******
{8}
His face is just priceless in this one.
{You can see how much I enjoyed it too...}

All in all, a really good experience for him.
Hopefully we'll be able to take him riding again in the future.


And finally....
The three of us together at camp.

We are at the campfire watching the staff perform their skits.
And as you can tell... it was cold, so I was trying to keep Eithan bundled up...
and he wasn't liking that one little bit.


We miss our daddy.
But he comes home the end of this week!
Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment